Icom MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder and GPS receiver
Fully capable Class B AIS transponder for pleasure craft and fishing boats
An AIS transponder on your boat automatically receives information broadcast by other AIS-equipped vessels and base stations, all while your own vessel's static and dynamic information is being transmitted. AIS signals may reach where radar cannot, showing AIS-equpped vessels that might otherwise be hidden, such as on the other side of an island or behind a larger vessel. SOLAS commercial vessels are already required to carry a Class A AIS transponder, so your position will be known by nearby large vessels. The MA-500TR increases your safety at sea.
The MA-500TR is a Class B AIS transponder for Non-SOLAS vessels such as pleasure craft, work-boat and small vessels. Your vessel's information will automatically be transmitted at fixed intervals or under base station control. The MA-500TR receives dual AIS channels (Ch. 87B and Ch. 88B) simultaneously and receives both Class A and Class B AIS information.
The Plotter display looks like a marine radar display. North-up, course-up, and range zoom from 0.125 NM to 24 NM are supported. The Target list display shows all detected AIS equipped vessels and targets. The Danger list display shows a list of vessels that are within 6 NM CPA and 60 minutes TCPA from your vessel. The Danger list can be sorted by CPA or TCPA order. In addition to these display types, the Detail screen shows various information about the selected AIS target.
- Full dot-matrix display visually shows real-time vessel traffic information
- IPX7 waterproof protection
- 3 lines of NMEA0183 Input/Output
- GPS recevier included
- CPA (Closest Point of Approach) and TCPA (Time to CPA)
- Target list and dangerous list
- Collision alarm
- External alarm connection to emit a collision alarm from external audio equipment on the deck or tower
- Integration with Icom VHF radios (later versions IC-M604 or IC-M504)
- 100 Waypoint memory
- 12 VDC operation
- Size: 6.5"W x 4.3"H x 4.9"D; Wt: 2.2 lb.
Class B AIS transponder and GPS receiver, MFG# MA500TR KIT, Displays and transmits own and other vessel's position, speed, course and vessel-specific data.