Icom HAM Radio, VHF/UHF, Fixed Mount, 50 Watt
IC-2730A VHF/UHF Dual Band Transceiver
Practical Analog Dual Bander with Optional Bluetooth Headset
The IC-2730A provides VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF simultaneous receive capability as well as VHF/UHF receive. Main dials, volume, squelch knobs and primal buttons are symmetrically laid out for each band.
The optional VS-3 Bluetooth® headset can wirelessly control the IC-2730A with three programmable and a PTT button. It also provides VOX operation for hands-free communication. (Optional UT-133 Bluetooth® unit must be installed in the IC-2730A.)
The display size of the IC-2730A is 1.5 times larger its predecessor, the IC-2720H. Frequency display and channel names are larger, and the white backlight provides higher contrast.
The combination of the optional MBF-1 suction cup mounting base and MBA-5 controller bracket provides easy tilt and swivel adjustments. The large suction cup can be mounted on flat surfaces and can be removed easily.
The IC-2730A employs a durable PA module and delivers 50 watts of high power operation on both VHF and UHF bands.
The CTCSS and DTCS tones are built-in for quiet stand-by and repeater access. The split tone function allows you to set CTCSS/ DTCS tones separately for repeater uplink and downlink on a per channel basis.
With the optional MBA-4 combination bracket, the controller can be attached to the main unit. The microphone jacks are mounted on both the controller and main unit.
The IC-2730A covers 118–174 and 375– 550MHz. You will be able to listen to aviation, marine, weather channels and other utility communications.
- 50 watts of output on VHF and UHF
- VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF simultaneous receive
- Optional VS-3 Bluetooth® headset
- Easy-to-See large white backlight LCD
- Easy controller mounting with the optional MBF-1
- Built-in 50 CTCSS and 104 DTCS tones with split tone function
- Controller attachment to the main Unit with optional MBA-4
- Wideband receiver
- HM-207 remote control microphone
- CS-2730 Free download PC programming software
- Versatile scanning capability
- Squelch delay and squelch attenuator
- Sub band auto mute function
- Sub band busy beep function
- Auto repeater functions (Depending on the transceiver version)
- Auto power off
- 16 DTMF auto dial memories
- Weather channel receive with weather alert (USA version only)
- CI-V remote control capability (through the OPC-478UC)
Amateur Radio, MFG# IC-2730A, VHF/UHF Dual Band Transceiver. 50 Watt output, simultaneous receive, optional Bluetooth headset, remote display, remote control mic, auto dial, and weather channel.